Agave Glazed Carrots
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled with some green at the stem left intact, if available (Note: carrots can also be peeled and sliced into 2 inch pieces, if desired)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/3 cup Organic Raw Agave Nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp. ground ginger or up to 2 tsp. freshly peeled and grated ginger root
- Optional: 1 scallion, finely minced or 1 tablespoon freshly minced parsley
Preheat oven to 425 F. or heat grill. Place carrots in a large saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Boil until slightly tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and hold aside. Dry saucepan and add butter to melt over medium heat. Stir in remaining ingredients, mixing well. Toss in the carrots until well coated.
Place carrots with glaze in a baking pan with sides and roast for 15 minutes or until glaze sets onto the carrots. Alternatively, grill carrots, basting with glaze while grilling.
If desired, top with a sprinkling of minced scallion or parsley before serving.