This naturally sweetened summer cocktail is brought to life with organic, fair-trade Born Sweet® Organic 100% Blue Agave.
Born Sweet® Organic Golden 100% Blue Agave Sweetener
Easily blend this delicious Born Sweet® Organic Golden Blue Agave Sweetener into your favorite hot or cold drinks, or use it to sweeten recipes, baked goods, oatmeal, pancakes and fruit.
Agave Citrus Syrup
- 2 Limes 2 Limes
- 1 Lemons 1 Lemons
- 1 Orange 1 Orange
- 1 cup Born Sweet® Organic Golden 100% Blue Agave Sweetener 1 cup Born Sweet® Organic Golden 100% Blue Agave Sweetener
- Ice to fill shaker Ice to fill shaker
- 2 fl. oz. Tequila 2 fl. oz. Tequila
- 1/2 tablespoon Triple Sec 1/2 tablespoon Triple Sec
- Garnish: Lime wheels or wedges Garnish: Lime wheels or wedges
- For rimming: Coarse Sea Salt For rimming: Coarse Sea Salt
- 1 fl. oz. freshly squeezed citrus juice 1 fl. oz. freshly squeezed citrus juice
- 1 tablespoon Agave Citrus Syrup 1 tablespoon Agave Citrus Syrup
Agave Citrus Syrup
Coarsely grate or peel the limes, lemon, and orange to make thick pieces of zest and add to a medium saucepot.
Stir in the agave and bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes; then, remove the pot from heat. Cool to room temperature, cover, and chill until ready to use.
Separately, juice the fruit to yield about 1 cup juice. Cover and chill until needed
For each Margarita
Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of salt on a small plate and 1-2 tablespoons of the reserved juice on a separate plate. Dip the rim of the glass in the juice then roll the rim in the salt to coat.
Fill a bar shaker with ice and add all the Margarita drink ingredients. Shake and strain into prepared glasses.
Garnish rims with lime wedges or wheels.
Grate carefully to produce thick pieces of the skin only. Try to avoid including the bitter white pith while grating.
Margaritas can be blended with ice instead of shaken for frozen Margaritas.