Agave Soft Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
4 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Born Sweet® Organic Raw 100% Blue Agave Sweetener
- Born Sweet® Organic Golden 100% Blue Agave Sweetener 3/4 cup
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease cookie sheet or line with parchment paper and set aside.
Combine flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, with electric mixer on medium speed, beat blue agave nectars and butter until smooth. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Add flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in oats and raisins. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
Bake 10 to 11 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Let cookies stand 2 minutes on cookie sheets. Remove to cool completely on a wire rack.
Cookies made with agave nectar have a more cake-like texture, but with no loss of flavor.