Chile-Agave Glazed Chicken Wings
- 2 tablespoons ground ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 3 – 3 1/2 lb. mixed chicken wings and drumettes
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup Born Sweet® Organic Blue Agave Nectar Raw Syrup
In a bowl or storage container, whisk all ingredients together except chicken and agave. Coat chicken well in marinade, cover, and chill 1-2 hours.
Preheat oven to 425 F. or heat grill. Roast or grill chicken 20-25 minutes, turning after 15 minutes, until center reaches a minimum temperature of 165°F.
Brush chicken with agave and continue to cook until syrup glazes the chicken pieces on all sides.
Transfer chicken to plates, garnish, as desired, and serve.
If grilling, oil grates liberally before heating to keep chicken from sticking.