- 1 large (8 oz.) sweet red pepper 1 large (8 oz.) sweet red pepper
- 1-2 jalapenos or other hot chile peppers of choice 1-2 jalapenos or other hot chile peppers of choice
- 2 cups (about 12 ounces) peeled, pitted, sliced fresh or frozen peaches 2 cups (about 12 ounces) peeled, pitted, sliced fresh or frozen peaches
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Born Sweet® Organic Raw 100% Blue Agave Sweetener 2 tablespoons Born Sweet® Organic Raw 100% Blue Agave Sweetener
Preheat oven to high broil. Line a sheet pan with foil. Cut peppers in half, remove stem, seeds, and ribs and spray or brush the skin with olive oil. Broil, skin side up, until the skin is charred. Remove peppers from oven and wrap in the foil. Peel skins off when cool enough to handle.
Add peppers with all remaining ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth
Pour sauce into a small saucepot and heat, stirring, over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. The sauce should reduce down to about 1 cup. Cool to room temperature before serving.
Always wear gloves when handling hot peppers.
Use foil for this recipe because wrapping the pepper tightly in foil creates steam, which helps loosen the charred skin to peel.
Decide how hot this sauce should be by the type of peppers chosen.